NMMS Scholarship 2022 Details
Directorate of Secondary Education, Assam has released the official notification of Centrally Sponsored “National Means-cum-Merit Scholarship (NMMS)” Scheme for the financial year 2022-2023. NMMS Scholarships are awarded to the gifted or meritorious students studying as regular students in class IX, X, XI and XII in a Government, Government-aided and local body schools and whose parental income are not more than Rs. 1,50,000/- per annum.
Here is the most important passage of the scholarship scheme which depicts the scholarship scheme eligibility. The applicant has to follow certain eligibility criteria. The eligibility details are as follows.
- The applicant must pursue the approved courses by the authority and should have good character along with more than 60% of the total attendance.
- The NMMS scholarship is only for Indian Candidates.
- If the applicant has not applied for the claim before 12 months of the academic session, the authority will not be liable to provide the scholarship fund to the candidates.
- In the case of the applicant who leaves the school and studies without completing the academic year, no scholarship shall be paid to him/her.
- If the applicant suffers from a medical illness and cannot appear for the annual examinations then they will have to present a medical certificate from the doctor.
- If the NMMS scholarship is cancelled/discontinued on the basis of the disbursement rules of the scholarship, it cannot be revived under any circumstances.
- Students of class 8th must get promoted to 9th class to obtain the scholarship.
- The applicant can avail of the scholarship for classes 10th and 12th by clearing the previous class for the first time with a minimum percentage of 60% for General/OBC/Others and for SC/ST it is 55%.
- The authority will keep a regular check on the scholarship and ensure that all those who are in the need of it get the benefits of the NMMS scholarship scheme.
- Family Income: Scholarships are awarded to the gifted or meritorious students whose parental income is not more than Rs. 1,50,000/- per annum.
- Type of School: Students studying as regular students in class IX, X, XI and XII in a Government, Government-aided and local body schools for a maximum period of four years
- A candidate can avail benefit of only one scholarship scheme.
- Beneficiaries must obtain 55% of minimum scores in class 9th and 11th and for class 10th applicants have to score at least 60% marks. (5% of relaxation will be given to reserved category aspirants).
- Candidates have to open their bank account in the State Bank of India or any other scheduled bank or public sector bank which grants the facility of core banking.
- The scholarship paid by authorities to recipients will be ensured by SBI in one go [12000 rupees] instant receiving list and funds from Ministry.
- For scholarship-related payments, SBI will contact some of their branches in order to coordinate with the education department of each state.
- A written examination of Multiple Choice Question (MCQ) will be held on 18th December 2022 for the selection of candidates under NMMS Scholarship Scheme.
- The question paper will be in both Assamese & English medium only. The OMR sheet will be in English medium.
- Previous 2 years’ question papers are available in the ‘Bidyarthi’ app at Google Play Store.
- Children with disability will be given extra time, as applicable.
- There are two papers: Mental Ability Test (MAT) and Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT) .
For selecting the students, the following conditions may apply:
- The students must pass both the tests i.e. MAT and SAT with at least 40 % marks in aggregate taken together for these two tests. (For the SC/ST students, 32% marks)
- The student must have scored at least 55% mark or equivalent grade in Class VIII examination. (50% for SC/ST students).
The application process of National Means-cum-Merit Scholarship (NMMS) has been made ONLINE. Students have to download the ‘Bidyarthi’ app from the Play store of Android phone.
Moreover, they can apply through Govt. of Assam official website www.madhyamik.assam.gov.in .
Interested and eligible candidates may apply online for these scholarship by visiting Official NMMS Assam Scholarship Portal. Candidates may follow below mentioned steps to apply for NMMS Assam Scholarship.
- Scroll down, go to Important Website Links section .
- Click on the “Online Application Form” and complete the registration process by clicking “Register Now”.
- In the next stage, fill your all personal and educational details and upload necessary documents.
- At the end, submit the form.
- Documents to be Submitted with Online Application Form Following documents are to be uploaded along with online application form :
- Scanned copy of Candidate’s Photograph.
- Scanned copy of Candidate’s Signature.
- Scanned copy of Candidate’s Caste certificate (Only for OBC, SC and ST candidates).
- Scanned copy of Candidate’s Disability certificate (Disabled candidates).
- Scanned copy of Declaration. Click here for Download Declaration