State Level Eligibility Test 2023 Details
State Level Eligibility Test (SLET) aka State Eligibility Test (SET) is an examination conducted by SLET Commission Assam (N.E. Region).
State Level Eligibility Test (SLET) consists of two papers. All the two papers will have only objective type questions of the following forms:
- Multiple Choice
- Assertion and Reasoning
- True and False
Paper – I shall be of general subject, intended to assess the teaching/ research aptitude of the candidate. It will primarily be designed to test reasoning ability, comprehension, divergent thinking and general awareness of the candidate.
Paper – II shall consist of 100 objective type questions based on the subject. Each question will carry 2 marks. There will be no negative marking. The compensatory time provided to the visually impaired candidates and PWD candidates with writing disability in Paper-I is 20 minutes. Accordingly, there is provision of 20 minutes compensatory time in Paper – II .
- There is no age limit to appear in SLET Exam. Candidates who qualify in the Test are eligible to apply for the post of Assistant Professor within the jurisdiction of the Member-States of this SLET Commission .
- Candidates must have secured atleast 55% marks (without rounding off) in Master Degree or equivalent examination from universities/institutions recognized by UGC in case of General/Unreserved/General-EWS candidates.
- However, the scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST), Person with Disability (PWD) Category, the Other Backward Classes (OBC) belonging to non-creamy layer who have secured atleast 50% marks (without rounding off) in Master degree or equivalent examination are eligible to appear in the Test.
- Candidates who have appeared or will be appearing at the final qualifying Master degree (final year) examination and result is still awaited or candidates whose qualifying examination have been delayed may also apply for this Test.
Candidates may follow below mentioned steps to apply .
- Scroll down, go to Important Website Links section .
- Click on the “Online Application” and complete the registration process.
- In the next stage, click on “Online Application” Link and Login.
- Fill your all personal and educational details and upload necessary documents.
- At the end, pay the application fee as per your category and submit the form.
- Don’t forget to take a print out of the application form .